It’s almost too crazy to believe. A web page can bounce sound off your hand and hear changes caused by your movement.
Play it now here: https://wanderingstan.github.io/handybird/
- Does not work in Firefox. Works well in Chrome.
- Sound must be on and maximized. You may hear the high-pitched tone it uses. Best to use built-in laptop speaker.
- Microphone access must be allowed. It listens to the change in the tone to detect motion.
- Flap your hand toward your microphone. You may have to Google where it is on your computer.
- The speaker or microphone on some computers may not be able to handle the 20kHz tone used for the doppler detection.
Github project: https://github.com/wanderingstan/handybird